The Promotional Warehouse is owned and operated by The Business Incentives Group Limited (“The BiGroup”). The BiGroup is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The BiGroup has been registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioners Office (Registration no: 3614990) since 2nd April 2013.
You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. Please read the following carefully to understand how we will use and treat your personal data.
General Data Protection Regulation and what it means to you
The GDPR (EU) 2016/679 (or ‘GDPR’) will ensure that you have right on how and with whom your data is used and stored. Under GDPR you will have fundamental right to:
- Be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- Be forgotten
- Not be profiled or to limit profiling
- Not have your data passed to someone else
- See a copy of all data stored by us
- Data portability
We will comply with all the above rights but please note, other data relating to financial transactions may need to be held to comply with financial regulations
Under these circumstances your data will be obfuscated (if appropriate) and will not be available to marketing or customer services.
You will be informed of any instances where we have not been able to comply with a specific data request and why.
What we may collect
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- For the exhaustive list of cookies, we collect see the List of cookies we collect section
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Internal record keeping. We need to hold information about donations that you give to us to meet financial auditing requirements
- When you place an order for goods we will request your name, billing address, delivery address, email address, contact number, company name and payment details. If you do not provide us with the fields which are marked with an asterisk in the order form, we will not be able to process your order. You do not need to fill in the fields which do not have an asterisk. Where you are placing an order online, our website will work best if you sign up for an account with us, rather than checking out as a guest, for example we will be able to display details of your previous orders.
We do not collect payment details. Payments are processed off site by either WorldPay or PayPal on their secure servers. We are only notified whether your payment was successful or declined to process your order. You may opt to pay over the telephone. In this case your payment details are entered directly into our credit card terminals and are not written down or stored.
- When you register to use our sites, we may ask you to provide certain information.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- To communicate with you, where you have consented to receive communications or by sending you information about products and services which we think may be of interest to you. We will not send you marketing if you have opted out of receiving marketing. You will be able to opt-out of such communications at any time by using the unsubscribe option on email communication from us, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by managing your account preferences.
- We may share your contact information with our delivery partners, so they may contact you with updates with your package/delivery.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Your security is very important to us. We use a 128bit SSL certificate to maintain your data security and privacy, provided by Comodo.
Comodo is a global provider of digital certificate products, services and solutions that create security, privacy and authentication in electronic commerce.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. The purpose of this is to collect statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Cookies are used on this website. Defined, a cookie is a text file sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The text file is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use the information we obtain from a cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website's usability and for marketing purposes and to identify you in the event of further visits.
Types of Cookies
- 1. Necessary Cookies
- These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
- 2. Functionality Cookies
- Our ordering system is set up to remember what you are purchasing for only one visit. For example, if you are purchasing several gifts, our system will keep track of what you are purchasing while you make your selections. To allow you to keep the items in your basket, we utilise temporary cookies to process your order.
- 3. Performance Cookies
We use web analytics tools to monitor and analyse site usage, how a user arrived at our site, how long they stayed and what interaction a user had with the site i.e. make a purchase. Other information that is gathered is browser and device usage.
You are given the option of accepting or declining the use of 3rd Party Cookies when you enter the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How long do we store your personal data for?
We only store your personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes listed above.
Data from customers will be kept of 6 years to comply with HMRC VAT regulations. Visitors who have not completed orders will have their data anonymised.
Controlling your personal information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held about you, please write to The Data protection Officer, C/o The BiGroup, 160 Wishart Street, Glasgow, G31 2HT,.
Where you have given your consent for us to use your personal data you may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or deleting your account.
You may ask us to delete your personal data. If you would like us to delete the personal data we hold about you, please contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can delete your account anytime by logging into your account and clicking on the Remove account link.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to The Data Protection Officer, C/o The BiGroup, 160 Wishart Street, Glasgow, G31 2HT, or email us at email@example.com, as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Sharing your information
- To third party providers who provide services on our behalf such as online and other payments, processing credit card transactions and handling credit checks and fraud prevention;
- We may disclose your personal information to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lowndes London, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.